- What you give to us or what you give us permission to obtain it – When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, HYST posts, comments, likes, email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using Have You Seen This on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data. if you choose to buy something on Have You Seen This, you provide us with payment information, contact information (ex., address and phone number), and what you purchased. If you buy something for someone else on Have You Seen This, you’d also provide us with their shipping details and contact information. You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or Twitter account to Have You Seen This, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (like your friends or contacts, etc. ). The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
- We also get technical information when you use our products –These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data. When you use Have You Seen This, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had Have You Seen This features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Have You Seen This, and cookie data.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Have You Seen This on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available
depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
- Our partners and advertisers may share information with us
Sometimes our partners may let us collect information when you use their services, or may share with us the information they collect. For example:
- Some websites or apps use Have You Seen This features like our “HYST/FOUND/SELL IT/ACTION” button. If so, we may collect log information (described above) from those sites or apps.
- Online advertisers typically share information with the websites or apps where they run ads to measure and/or improve those ads. We also receive this information, which may include information like whether clicks on ads led to purchases or a list of criteria to use in targeting ads.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect Have You Seen This and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
If you make a purchase on Have You Seen This, we’ll save your payment information and contact information so that you can use them the next time you want to buy something on or through Have You Seen This.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
- Suggesting HYSTs you might like. For example, if you’ve indicated that you’re interested in cooking or visited recipe websites that have Have You Seen This features, we may suggest food-related HYST, or profiles/products that you may search for.
- Showing you ads you might be interested in. For example, if you purchased a camping tent on Have You Seen This, we may show you ads for other outdoorsy products.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like reHYSTs or comments, happens on Have You Seen This), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates that include HYSTs you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Help your friends and contacts find you on Have You Seen This. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on Have You Seen This when they first sign up for Have You Seen This. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on Have You Seen This using your email address.
Changes to this Policy
Technologies and Principles
At Have You Seen This, we pursue ideas and products that often push the limits of existing technology. As a company that acts responsibly, we work hard to make sure any innovation is balanced with the appropriate level of privacy and security for our users. Our Privacy Principles help guide decisions we make at every level of our company, so we can help protect and empower our users while we fulfil our ongoing mission to organize the world’s information.
Use information to provide our users with valuable products and services.
“Focus on providing the best user experience” is the first tenet of Have You Seen This’s philosophy. When users share information with us, it allows us to build services and products that are valuable to them. We believe that focusing on the user fosters both the products and privacy-enhancing features that have fuelled innovation and built a loyal audience of users online.
We learn from the mistakes we all make when searching to help give you what you probably meant.
Develop products that reflect strong privacy standards and practices.
Our ambition is to be at the leading edge of technology, including the development of tools that help users manage their personal information in a simple, accessible manner without detracting from a valuable user experience. We comply with privacy laws, and additionally work internally and with regulators and industry partners to develop and implement strong privacy standards.
Make the collection of personal information transparent.
We strive to show users the information used to customize our services. Where appropriate, we aim to be transparent about the information we have about individual users and how we use that information to deliver our services.
Give users meaningful choices to protect their privacy.
People have different privacy concerns and needs. To best serve the full range of our users, Have You Seen This strives to offer them meaningful and fine-grained choices over the use of their personal information. We believe personal information should not be held hostage and we are committed to building products that let users export their personal information to
other services. We don’t sell users’ personal information, subject to Business Transfers and Affiliates.
Be a responsible steward of the information we hold.
We recognize our responsibility to protect the data that users entrust to us. We take security issues seriously and work together with a large community of users, developers and external security experts to make your experience safer and more secure.
We design security and resilience into Have You Seen This from the ground up.
Business Transfers and Affiliates: